Tae E. Lee Taekwondo Demonstration Team
When is the Team Performing Next?
You can see the incredible Tae E. Lee Taekwondo Demonstration Team perform at the following upcoming events:
- Grandmaster Lee's 40th Anniversary Celebration - Saturday, May 13, 2017 at Algonquin Commons Theatre
About the Team
The Tae E. Lee Taekwondo Demonstration Team is world renowned, and has performed at the following major Taekwondo events:
- 2013 Ambassador Cup Tae E. Lee Taekwondo Championship, Algonquin College, May 25, 2013
- Tae E. Lee 35th Anniversary Celebration (Discover Korea: Canada-Korea Cultural Taekwondo Gala); Museum of Civilization, May 24, 2012
- Tae E. Lee 30th Anniversary Celebration — Museum of Civilization, May 2007
- Tae E. Lee Week Celebration — Museum of Civilization, May 2002
- 1999 World Taekwondo Championships — Edmonton, Alberta
- 1996 Pan/Am Demonstration Competition — Los Angeles, 1996 (Gold Medalists!)
- 1996 & 1997 Canadian National Taekwondo Championships
Head of Team and Team Leader: Master David Silverman
Team Captain: Mr. Evan Newcomb
Assistant to Head of Team: Ms. Joanna Northover
Assistant Team Captains: Erwin Mendoza, Quintin Rourke-Frew
Main Team Members:
- Siamak Abrishami, Sarah Becker, Autumne Cadieux, Johnny Matsoukas
- Seungmin Hong, Jinwoo Hong, Marie Claire Jasmin, Justin Kho, Eric Lee
- Catherine Lim, Jason Newcomb, Shathana Pathipan, Victoria Ramirez, Saerok Son
Senior Development Team Members:
- Jean-Sebastien Alba, Brianna Chapman, Ian Chung, Brianna Edoo, Kieran Lawford
- Monica Li, Paula Lugert, Tanis McMahon, Alexander Nedev, Saadurya Pathipan
- Oceane Sarrazin
Junior Development Team Members:
- Leah Becker, Jacob Belay, Alex Capretta, Jelena Chaing, Sebastian Florez
- Emily Hamka, Andrew Leblanc, Eli Pratt, Sampavy Satkunarasa, Emma Tomic-Bagshaw
- Grant Welby, Marko Youngson
- Pathpian Sivarasa, Julie Brisebois, Michele-Ann Sauve, Catherine Perez, David Leech
How Can I join?
Students are accepted on the team by invitation only. The Head of Team, Master David Silverman, is responsible for team member selection.
Team Member Expectations:
- You must attend Taekwondo classes at least twice per week.
- Your attitude, intensity and technique are at the highest level.
- You must live up to proper martial art spirit and attitude in all areas of your life.
- Your school grades must average at a B level or higher.
- You must cooperate at home and follow your parents’ guidance.